In my own words...

The work done by the Smile Foundation is close to me – as a baby one of my sons was a patient at the Johannesburg General Hospital’s Craniofacial Clinic, and although he didn’t need surgery, as a family we were exposed to the fear of the unknown and the implications of facial disfigurement in children.

The run starts in the South of Germany, each day running over mountain after mountain, through Austria and Switzerland, ending in a village in the North of Italy. The total ascent will be 14 000m (that’s 14km!) and I know I will have a big smile on my face at the top of each mountain – something to share with each new smile that emerges from the SMILE WEEK operating theaters!

Visit our site at www.ttmad.com and make a pledge or a donation.
Visit Mike Said's Blog Tri-ing To Make A Difference HERE

Friday, September 7, 2007

Charity Pledge Update

Once again a huge thank you to all of you who have sent emails, sms and messages on this blog wishing the girls well. I assure you they keep them going and I am sure 'SMILE-ing' all the way.

Thanks to all those who have pledged donations through the TTMAD website. To date we have pledges for R21 310!

Fantastic!

No comments: